We’re seeking a Manager for the new Fashion for Good Experience. Launching in September 2018, the Fashion for Good Experience will be a combination of premium retail, storytelling, interactive learning, and world-class programming. This is a key position for Fashion for Good as the Experience is an important element of our consumer-facing convener for change role. The scope and responsibilities focus on the management of the Experience and its integrated Concept Store, as well as merchandising and audience engagement.
Position: Manager Fashion for Good Experience
Company: Fashion for Good
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reporting to: Managing Director Fashion for Good
Start date: May / June 2018
Experience and Concept Store Management
• Oversee Experience / Concept store strategic and operational planning, including scheduling and assigning staff
• Oversee staffing, through recruiting and training Experience / Store employees on sustainability and fashion related topics
• Define store financial objectives, plan store budgets and sales forecasts on a rolling basis, together with FFG leadership
• Track and monitor visitor / visitor engagement metrics
• Fundraising and management of sponsors for the Experience
• Determine marketing and merchandising plan in line with metrics and strategy; monitor sales performance and overall visitor response, together with the relevant FFG team members
• Curate and plan product collections based on key sustainability and innovation parameters set, in conjunction with experts and FFG team
• Liaise with brands, suppliers and distributors to identify and order stock and delivery dates for collection launch;
• Ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts and maintaining inventories;
• Implement Visual merchandising and marketing / storytelling / content updates
• Continuously seek partnerships with critical players for the success of the Experience, from brands and suppliers to be involved in the store, to designers, multi stakeholder initiatives to education institutes
• Determine the Experience programming and build relevant partnerships to enable the success of the program (e.g. Education and Fashion Institutions), together with relevant members of the FFG team
The final candidate has a strong track record in exhibition and store management, merchandising, and audience engagement.
The following qualifications are essential:
• Minimum 5 – 8 years of of relevant work experience in the apparel/fashion industry with demonstrated commitment for personal action for global transformation. Experience in sustainability is a plus
• Experience in store management and merchandising. Experience in working in entrepreneurial and/or start-up settings is a plus
• Confidence in working in a truly global setting backed by diverse international experience is a plus
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills combined with a proven track record of building lasting relationships with stakeholders
• Flexibility to adjust the course and analytical skills to evaluate different options and propose preferred solutions
• Creative thinking with the ability for sound judgement and to counsel management on implementation challenges
• Pro-activeness, can-do attitude, comfort in dealing with uncertainty and drive with an eye on budget and timelines
• Well organised, resourceful, and nimble personality, effectively marshalling multiple resources to get things done
Academic degree in a relevant subject.
Proficiency in English and Dutch.
Please submit your application, consisting of a short motivation letter and your CV, via e-mail with the position you are applying for in the subject title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.